5 Great Spots in Hampton Roads to Capture Your Fall Memories
Chilly weather, shorter days, sweaters… boots… fall leaves.
The 5 signs it’s time to capture fall photo memories. Each season brings a plethora of reasons to illustrate the memories. Finding the perfect spot is often a struggle. That’s your photographer's specialty! We see those perfect spots and match our client's needs with the place that fits their personality, vision, and ability. Not every spot is perfect for everyone. Our 36-week pregnant mom may not feel up to a half-mile walk from the parking lot or our family with their dog may not be up to a park full of dogs as a distraction.
Here are 5 spots we love in Hampton Roads for Fall photography sessions and the reasons why and the downfalls too! Plus you’ll get two of my secret spots that I will only share the city and pros and cons because well one of the pros is it’s exclusive so I’m trying to keep it that way!
1. Oak Grove Lake Park - Beautiful foliage! This large park in the middle of the Greenbrier area in Chesapeake is easy to get to right off of I-64. Nestled back with enormous trees, colors galore in the fall, and options for water views too. All a perfect setup for fall photography. The downfalls of this spectacular location are… long walk to achieve those beautiful spots, limited parking which means even more walking, and overcrowded with photographers. On a Saturday or Sunday thru the peak of Fall, it’s difficult to find your own space without almost a mile walk. It’s beautiful and almost always on my recommendations list unless you don’t want the walk.
2. The Chesapeake Arboretum… this small forestry trail is one of my absolute favorites for all year but Fall is spectacular! Fall leaves to throw, beautiful artistic trees… yes I said artistic trees! These trees are masterpieces. This location is full of pros .. short walk, fall leaves, masterpiece trees, a red barn, a lovely gazebo, and seasonal florals …. It has it all! The only con would be the walk across the street from the parking lot to the trails. It’s a short walk but the cars driving are not always obeying the speed limit so I always encourage caution as we cross the street. It also gets a little crowded with photographers but still fairly easy to find a spot to create the most wonderful fun fall photography shots.
3. Secrets Spot in Chesapeake … not letting this location out but I Love Love Love it! Why you ask??? Fall galore … barely any people… and literally you can capture all the colors of fall just steps out of your car!!! This spot is ideal and perfect for any and all of those fall fun photography sessions and even has a couple of water options …. If you want in on this one for your Fall Photography Session reach out for the Shhhhh it’s a Secret in Chesapeake and we can schedule your fall fun photo session in one of my best kept secret spots!
4. Secrets in Hampton! Now I am a Hampton Roads Photographer and while I do keep fall fun close to the studio in Chesapeake I do have locations throughout the 7 cities that work and this one is a beauty! Again a secret because it’s not overly used and I want to keep it that way! It’s a beautiful spot in Hampton along the water and offers fall foliage beauty. The con for this fantastic location would be the walk but beauty can be captured without a walk there too so don’t count this one out if walking isn’t in your plan.
5. The studio in combination with the Intracoastal Waterway at the Battlefield Waterways. Remember our studio is nestled along the Intracoastal waterway in the heart of beautiful Great Bridge. Studio sessions can be filled with all the fall and with a short drive or small walk we can access the beauty of the Waterway trail and all the fall feels.
Now you have the 5 options for your Fall Photography Session! Remember peak fall colors for coastal Virginia are typically the first two weeks of November. But you can actually see those fall colors into early December. If you are looking for meaningful holiday photo gifts schedule your photography session and make sure to tell me which location you want your memories made at!
A few great options that did not make the list are options with a professional photography fee. While we love shooting at these locations just remember they will be a little more costly to cover the additional cost of the site. Greenbrier Farms and other great local farms and gardens offer exquisite fall beauty but the space does incur an upcharge for the fees charged.
As always YOU make me HAPPY when you choose When Skies Are Grey Photography, Media, & Designs by Denise!
Denise Powers is a professional photographer in Chesapeake, Virginia.
Keywords: Best Chesapeake Photographer, Chesapeake, Chesapeake Photographer, Chesapeake Senior Photographer, fall, fall photography, family, Family Photographer, life's moments, memories, Pet, Pet Photographer, Photographer, Photographer in Chesapeake, Photographer near me, Photographer", Virginia Photographer
No comments posted.
Recent PostsYour Headshot: Making a Lasting First Impression Branding vs. Headshots? Which is right for my Photography Needs & What's the Difference National Author Day & National Literacy Day from Denise Powers, author and photographer Making your Best Holiday Photo Cards, Capturing the Magic: From Photoshoot to Holiday Cards Capturing the Magic: Back to School Photos That Sparkle! "Capturing Ezzie's Heart: A Glam Pawtography Session in Chesapeake, Virginia" 5 Great Spots to Capture Your Spring Memories in Coastal Virginia Milestone Birthday Memory Photos for the Entire Family Preparing for Dance Picture Day ... 5 Easy Tips to Make the Day Fun and Stress Free 5 Great Spots in Hampton Roads to Capture Your Fall Memories